v3.10 conflict with Norton Anti-virus software

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

ritterm

v3.10 conflict with Norton Anti-virus software

Post by ritterm »

This host has a problem running the v3.10 app. Every time it starts to crunch these WUs, I get an AV alert and all WUs fail with a computation error (for example). I think the AV shuts down and/or deletes the app.

I've never had an AV problem with other eOn apps (or any other BOINC app that I can remember) and one of my other hosts (same OS, same AV) runs 3.10 WUs seemingly without any problem. I don't believe the AV is configured any differently on the two hosts, but I will check on that.

Is there any difference between the 3.09 and 3.10 apps that could trigger AV action?

MarkR
ritterm

Re: v3.10 conflict with Norton Anti-virus software

Post by ritterm »

ritterm wrote:I don't believe the AV is configured any differently on the two hosts, but I will check on that.
I could find no difference in the AV configuration on these two hosts. Both are running with the most recent updates and all restrictions and other settings are the same. I added an exception to the problem host's configuration and it now runs the 3.10 app without any problem.

Still, it would be nice to know what might have changed from the 3.09 app to trigger the AV.