eOn Profile Picture upload fail

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

DrLingCN

eOn Profile Picture upload fail

Post by DrLingCN »

When I tried to upload a picture to my BOINC profile, I recieved a 500 Server Internal Error.
The picture is JPG and less than 50KB.

Can anyone fix that?
graeme
Site Admin

Re: eOn Profile Picture upload fail

Post by graeme »

We just don't allow posting of signatures. The goal is to keep the forum as based upon actual content as possible.
DrLingCN

Post by DrLingCN »

graeme wrote:We just don't allow posting of signatures. The goal is to keep the forum as based upon actual content as possible.
It's NOT about signatures!
Do you know about the BOINC project eOn?
I'm talking about profile of that project, not this forum.
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

Ah, right. I actually still don't understand the problem. I see an image uploaded in your profile.
DrLingCN

Post by DrLingCN »

graeme wrote:Ah, right. I actually still don't understand the problem. I see an image uploaded in your profile.
Example: http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/vi ... erid=10137
BOINC score pic is in "Your opinions about eOn" using external link. Profile pic must be uploaded.
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

As I was looking into the problem, I remembered the issue. Allowing boinc users to make an arbitrary link is considered a security vulnerability by our network administrators. At one point, there were a number of suspicious links in the user profiles from the eon machine. Since we do not have a way to control that content, we applied a patch to prevent these external links.
DrLingCN

Post by DrLingCN »

graeme wrote:As I was looking into the problem, I remembered the issue. Allowing boinc users to make an arbitrary link is considered a security vulnerability by our network administrators. At one point, there were a number of suspicious links in the user profiles from the eon machine. Since we do not have a way to control that content, we applied a patch to prevent these external links.
So, BOINC users cannot upload pic to profile in the future?