chgsum.pl cannot be downloaded

Bader charge density analysis

Moderator: moderators

adam2412

chgsum.pl cannot be downloaded

Post by adam2412 »

Hello,
I'm new with Bader analysis and has been trying to download chgsum.pl in order to add both AECCAR0 and AECCAR2. However, as I click the chgsum.pl link, the 404 error is obtained. Am I doing it correctly? I am using Windows 8
graeme
Site Admin

Re: chgsum.pl cannot be downloaded

Post by graeme »

We are doing away with downloading of individual scripts. They work together, so if you download just one, it may not work. Instead, you can follow the directions on this page:

http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/vtsttools/download.html
adam2412

Post by adam2412 »

Thank you...I get the idea of how to install and to use it now.
adam2412

Post by adam2412 »

I'm sorry. I just tried and I don't think that I have understand on how to do it clearly. I have downloaded the script : vtstscripts.tgz and uncompiled it in C:\. And then I tried to run by cmd : ''chgsum.pl AECCAR0 AECCAR2'' and received this error '' 'chgsum.pl' is not recognized as an internal or external command.... ''. Then I tried to do like how I used to do it before ''perl chgsum.pl AEC....'' with perl env but still get the same error. I tried ''bader CHGCAR'', also got the same error. I read through the website again and it says something about installing the code into the VASP.

Before this, I can do BADER analysis but with this new application, I don't know how. I'm stuck. I don't know which part I did wrong.
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

This may be a little difficult if you are using windows; I'm not sure how you have setup perl there. If through cygwin, it might work automatically, but if not, you might have to run "perl chgsum.pl AECCAR0 AECCAR2" and make sure that the perl executable is in your path.