Disk limit

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

Stef42

Disk limit

Post by Stef42 »

I'm getting errors with max disk usage exceeded, only 10MB and the WU is 10,50MB. I think the WU parameters for disk usage should be raised a bit?!
GaryWilson

Re: Disk limit

Post by GaryWilson »

Same here, but looks like its only my Windows machine. I was completing a bunch of 3.06 tasks, but then it just started happening. I complete an occassional task though. So not all tasks are hitting the projects internal 10 mb file limit.
GaryWilson

Post by GaryWilson »

Actually I take that back. It's happening on my Linux machines as well. And it's only recently, so the first batch of 3.06 tasks went fine, its just the latest ones that are doing this. My Mac is still running the 3.05 client, so looks like the Mac client isn't updated to 3.06 yet.
Stef42

Post by Stef42 »

The large units that I get crash with the disk limit error, the small one's with runtime of around 2000sec. finish just fine.
NATE1

Post by NATE1 »

yep, same here,
Seems the best thing to do is on Friday make sure you have enought work units, if you can, to last till Tuesday, run bonic in the background, and not even give it a 2nd look. I running over 40 projects and it's always the same, every weekend. boom one or more will go west.
Conan

Post by Conan »

All work units failing with "Maximum Disk Usage Error". Linux and Windows.

Have set to NNW.

Conan
chill

Post by chill »

Sorry about this problem. I have increased the disk limit temporarily. I will decrease the disk usage in a future version of the client.
Stef42

Post by Stef42 »

Errors fixed but no work available! What's going on?
chill

Post by chill »

A new algorithm in the server side code that compares clusters of atoms is taking up all of our cpu time. It is taking too much time to process and compare the incoming workunits and thus no new work is being created. I started up a new simulation that shouldn't have this problem.