Many many tasks, too many

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

mitrichr

Many many tasks, too many

Post by mitrichr »

I have Eon running on an i7-840QM, I think the fastest i7 Intel makes for laptops. Hyper threaded quad, 8 gigs DDR3 DRAM.

O.K., because this machine is pretty hot, I have Connect every = 0.10 and Additional work 1.25 days. That keeps the machine in work, no problems with completion dates.
When i get home from work, I open BOINC Manager to Statistics to see how the eight projects on this machine are doing. Everybody is fine.
Then I check tasks.

Today, i find a huge huge number of tasks foe eOn, all very short, but Completion for about 11:00PM Eastern time. This is going to be interesting to see if BOINC gave me more than I can chew up.
graeme
Site Admin

Re: Many many tasks, too many

Post by graeme »

This was due to a little glich in our server settings. It will go back to normal by this evening.
mitrichr

Post by mitrichr »

I just checked my results, for 10.28.10, no errors, so many pages of "Complete and validated" I got tired of going back. I looked at the statistics in Boinc Manager, your graph went up nearly vertical. So, I think what ever was there got done.

Now, there are a ton of small tasks with a 10.29 10 Completion date, ranging from 12:43AM to 2:44PM.

I think that that will all be O.K., I will check back.

Thanks.
mitrichr

Post by mitrichr »

O.K., all of the 10.29.10 tasks cleared out, I checked the results, many pages, all good, Completed and validated.

All's well that ends well.
nullcoding

Post by nullcoding »

Ah ok, so it wasn't just me. I had the same thing happen; 4 new tasks every minute to the point where it ran all night and did about 200...now it won't run at all which I'm sure is another issue altogether and probably not a problem serverside, as it now says "this computer has reached a limit on tasks in progress" which is probably true as I have about 20.

Good to know my machine isn't gonna be bogged down with a week's worth of eOn work. :P
mitrichr

Post by mitrichr »

Between 10.28 and 10.29, I did 2006 credits (BOINCStats).

Not too shabby.